#look at me building my career
i’m semi-officially going to be both waitressing at a country club & volunteering at a hospital! i just have to contact both places to set up my schedules. i’m excited! now i just have to get through the last two weeks of the semester…
other plans: i’m going to be taking a CPR certification class, looking into/possibly starting a health coach certification program, and creating a more professional health & wellness blog via wordpress. stay tuned for more info! i still have to figure out how to set it up and everything, haha.
I GOT A JOB :)
i’m going to be waitressing at a super nice country club! it’s a little far from my house, but not too bad. and the hours are only 11-7 so like that’s totally manageable. i’m gonna try to go to the gym in the morning so that i can have my evenings free!
anddd i still have to go in for my interview at the hospital on tuesday! i’m excited about that too. my summer is gonna be pretty busy but i’m sure i’ll find time to have fun as well. i also need to get CPR certified.
the only issue is that i’ll be living at my house in massachusetts instead of in maine……maine is so much nicer because we’re on the ocean and i have more friends up there from living there the past few summers. but it’s okay i think. at least when i go up to visit i’ll be on vacation instead of exhausted from work!
I AM SO BUSY
- my computer broke yesterday morning. so basically i’ve been freaking out because i have a 9 page paper due tonight (i’m terrible at writing papers ahhh) and a bunch of other stuff to do. but it’s fixed now so everything is kind of okay.
- i’m going home tomorrow! for easter and for celebrating my aunt’s birthday. i’m also going to apply for summer jobs. i called a couple of country clubs to see about waitressing for them and they said to come in and fill out applications, so that’s my plan for the day tomorrow once i get home!
- i have an interview on tuesday for a volunteer position at a hospital near where i live. it’s for a summer program for college students, and basically involves making sure patients are comfortable and have everything they need. it’s only 8 hours a week so it wouldn’t be too stressful on top of work! i really hope i get to do that. wooooo resume building!
- i got paid todayyyyy so i am going to highlight my hair next week! so excited, it really needs to be done.
YAY LIFE & FIGURING THINGS OUT! :)
"I like who I am now. Other people may not. I’m comfortable. I feel freer now. I don’t want growing older to matter to me."
- Meryl Streep
(l.pic- Academy Awards 1979, r.pic-BAFTA’s 2009)
(Source: thestreep, via beccaliving)
"When someone makes you the happiest person and the saddest person at the same time, that’s when it’s real. That’s when it’s worth something."
so the semester is winding down…
i’m focusing on 1. school work & 2. getting a summer job. any ideas of places that hire for the summer? i’m probably going to look into waitressing at a country club. it’s hard to get jobs around where i live because nothing is seasonal.
also over the summer, i have to decide whether or not to take extra classes so i can graduate early. i also need to get CPR certified and look into a health coach certification. and possibly volunteer at a hospital or YMCA.
i’m stressedddddd. my social anxiety is really good at preventing me from making strides towards any of these things. but i think i can handle it one step at a time.
i just need a job after graduation…….just trying to support myself. ugh. life. i wish someone could tell me like exactly what to do.
*ALSO!!! i’m probably going to start a wordpress blog over the summer! i’m going to take it very seriously when i start it, so i’m gonna be planning for that a LOT. i think i’ve been using this blog less because it’s not really cohesive or professional, so i don’t really feel like i’m blogging for a purpose. but when i start that up i’ll let you all know, & i’d love some support! :)
- I SUCK AT BLOGGING SORRY MY LIFE IS WEIRD RIGHT NOW
- i have lost 12 pounds since the start of this semester (i was at one of my heavier weights beforehand though)
- this is probably bad because i have not exercised at all ~skinny fat lyfe~
- but it is also good because i am not obsessive about calories/exercising/etc. at all & my body is evening itself out anyway! go kendall’s body!!
- i am essentially back together with my ex, tyler, and it is GREAT and wonderful
- i need to find a summer job + some volunteering thing related to my potential future career
- life is stressing me out a bit aka why i am off track/completely off the grid on here
my plan as of right now is to gradually start working out more (probably gonna start with running since it’s nice out) so that i can get in better shape without being obsessive. i also need to get my summer plans rolling. and do well in school. so i will try to be more attentive to my blog in between those things.
i still LOVE YOU ALL & hope everyone is doing super well!!! :)
my hair is growing!!!! i want those twelve inches back haha